The first smartphones that hit the market years ago offered us screens of a few inches, with which of course at that time we were very happy and we were completely happy. But nevertheless Over time the size of the screen of our terminals has grown to 6 inchesAlthough today it is not the most common size, we should place it between 5 or 5.5 inches.
Today there are several mobile devices on the market that mount a 6-inch screen and more and more users are inclined to acquire a device of this type, no matter how large and useless it may seem. And is that since you have to carry a large terminal, it does not matter if it is a little larger and that it has a huge screen that allows us to take a huge advantage of our device.
If you are thinking of buying a smartphone, or a phablet to speak completely correct, with a 6-inch screen, check this list carefully because you may find what you are looking for.
The Nexus 6 It is the latest member of the Google family, which despite not having had a great reception in the market due to its size, but above all due to its price that increased greatly compared to the Nexus 5, it is a terminal of a few more than interesting features that also meet the premise of having a 6-inch screen.
Its price is no longer an issue today as it has been greatly reduced since its launch. and before the more than possible appearance on the market in the near future of new Nexus devices.
Here we show you the main features and specifications of this Nexus 6;
- Dimensions: 82.98 x 159.26 x 10.06 mm
- Weight: 184 grams
- Screen: AMOLED 2K of 5.96 inches with Gorilla Glass protection and with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. Its pixel density is 493 and its ratio is 16: 9
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 (SM-N910S) Quadcore at 2.7 Ghz (28nm HPm)
- RAM memory: 3 GB
- Internal storage: 32 or 64GB without which can be expanded via MicroSD card
- Rear camera: 13 mpx (Sony IMX214 sensor) f / 2.0 with Autofocus, Double LED ring flash and optical image stabilizer
- Front camera: 2 megapixels / HD video conferencing
- Battery: 3220 mAh that is not removable and that offers us the possibility of ultra-fast and wireless charging
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop
There is no doubt that we are facing a terminal belonging to the so-called high-end range and possibly the best phablet on the market with a 6-inch screen.
You can buy this Google Nexus 6 through Amazon from HERE.
Huawei Ascend Mate 7
The Huawei Ascend Mate 7 It has undoubtedly been one of the devices that has catapulted Huawei to become one of the best manufacturers in the market with also sales figures that continue to grow at a frantic rate. And that this phablet from the Chinese manufacturer has a premium design, powerful features and specifications and also a more than reduced price for the device we are talking about.
First of all, we are going to review the main features and specifications of the Huawei Ascend Mate 7:
- Dimensions: 157 x 81 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 185 grams
- Kirin 925 OctaCore processor and Mali-T628 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 6-inch screen with FullHD resolution
- 16GB or 32GB of storage depending on the version we choose
- 13-megapixel F2.0 rear camera and 5-megapixel front camera
- 4100mAh battery
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system with Huawei’s own customization layer, Emotion UI
In addition to this version of the Mate 7 of which we have reviewed the characteristics and specifications, there are several others with greater RAM memory and with more storage which goes to show and speak very, very well of this Chinese giant Huawei.
You can buy this Huawei Ascend Mate 7 through Amazon from HERE.
Sony Xperia C5 Ultra
The Sony Xperia C5 Ultra has not even reached the market yet, but many already suggest that it could become the best terminal on the market with a 6-inch screen, due to its design, its features and also its impressive camera that will offer us the possibility of take high-quality photos.
These are the main features and specifications of the Sony Xperia C5 Ultra;
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 79.6 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 187 grams
- 6-inch IPS Full HD display, BRAVIA Engine 2
- Octa-core Mediatek MTK6752 1.7GHz processor
- Mali 760MP2 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 2930 mAh, Stamina Ultra mode.
- 16GB of storage expandable via microSD up to 200GB
- 13MP rear camera with autofocus, LED Flash, stabilizer, 108op video, HDR
- 13MP front camera with selfie flash, HDR, 22mm wide angle
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system
If you like and are convinced by this Xperia C5 Ultra for now we have to wait for it to reach the market, which will happen soon and prepare a good handful of euros because we have a lot that this new Sony terminal will be much less possibly cheap.
LG G Flex
A 6-inch mobile device, although it is increasingly common, is still a strange being in the mobile phone market, but it can be even more strange if, in addition to mounting a large screen this curves slightly as it happens in the LG G Flex.
First of all, before starting to talk about this peculiar smartphone, we want to clarify that we have stayed with the LG G Flex in its first version and not in the second that has been available on the market for a long time, because it has a screen of 6 inches. The LG G Flex mounts a 5.5-inch screen.
Once all doubts have been cleared, we are going to review the main characteristics and specifications of the LG G Flez, a phablet with a 6-inch screen and some other peculiarity;
- Dimensions: 160.5 x 81.6 x 7.9 / 8.7 mm
- Weight: 177 grams
- 6-inch POLED display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2.2 GHz quad-core
- 2 GB of RAM memory
- 32 GB internal storage without the possibility of being expanded by microSD card
- 13 megapixel rear camera and 2.1 megapixel front camera
- 3,500 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 operating system
Reviewing the specifications, one can fully realize that we are facing a terminal that despite the fact that it has been on the market for some time, continues to measure up and fulfill the premise of having a 6-inch screen. In addition, the curvature of the device offers us several possibilities and, according to LG itself, greater comfort when handling it..
If you want to have a 6-inch smartphone totally different from almost everything, this LG G Flex can be a great option for a more than interesting price.
You can buy this LG G Flex through Amazon from HERE.
Nokia Lumia 1520
Finally, we wanted to include in this list a mobile device with a 6-inch screen that will have Microsoft’s Windows Phone operating system. For this we had to rescue this Nokia Lumia 1520 which has been on the market since the end of 2013. The Redmond-based company will soon launch new terminals, with Window s10 inside and with sure a large screen.
Below we offer you the main features and specifications of this Nokia Lumia 1520;
- Six-inch screen with Full HD technology, a pixel density of 367PPI and a resolution that reaches up to 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Rear camera that integrates a 20 megapixel sensor with PureView technology
- 32 or 64 GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD card
- LTE connectivity
- Windows Phone 8
- Integration with Microsoft Office
5.7 inch screen option
Surely many of you who have come reading to this point have wondered why we have decided to make a list of smartphones with a 6-inch screen and not a 5.7. The simple answer is that although we know that most devices, called phablets, mount a 5.7-inch screen, we wanted to offer you this list with 6-inch devices so that we can see the terminals that are the ceiling of the market in terms of screen size.
Of course In the coming days we will offer you a list, much larger than this, with the 5.7 screen terminals that are available in the market and that many may be a better option than the smartphones that we have seen today, although it is also true that their price shoots up in most cases.
As I like to say, this is my list of mobile devices with a 6-inch screen, but now I would like to know your opinion about the terminals that I have included and especially that you comment in the space reserved for the comments of this post or through some of the social networks in which we are present if I have forgotten to include a terminal that in your opinion should be on this list. Of course, nobody should forget that we are talking about terminals with 6-inch screens and not 6.1 or 5.7.
Do you have, have you had or would you like to have a mobile device with a 6-inch screen?.