According to the information available on the Guncelmiyiz website it appears that the Galaxy A9 2018 and Galaxy A7 2018 will start receiving the Android Pie update on March 15, 2019. This means that since the Galaxy S8/S8+ and Note 8 have the Pie stable update, Samsung would start working on the Android 9 update distribution for the A9 2018 and A7 2018, along with some other devices.
Samsung has been working on launching the Android Pie update for its major devices for the past year and now the One UI beta program has been launched for the Galaxy S8/S8+.
Join the discussion on Twitter
The Turkish division of Samsung Guncelmiyiz has revealed the dates for when users of the Galaxy A9 2018 and Galaxy A7 2018 should wait for the release of the Android Pie update.
According to the information available on the Guncelmiyiz website it appears that the Galaxy A9 2018 and Galaxy A7 2018 are starting to receive the Android Pie update a March 15, 2019.
This means that once the Galaxy S8/S8+ and Note 8 have the Pie stable update, Samsung would start working on the Android 9 update distribution for the A9 2018 and A7 2018, along with a few other devices.
However, it’s good to know the exact dates when to expect the update to be released.
Since Samsung released the Android Pie update a few days earlier than expected for the Galaxy S9/S9 + and Galaxy Note 9 as well, we expect the Pie update for the Galaxy A9 and A7 to arrive sooner as well.
It’s also worth noting that Samsung recently posted a timeline for Android Pie updates in its official member app that pointed to April 2019 as a release date for A9 2018 and A7 2018, hopefully it will be as soon as possible.
Key Features of Android 9 Pie
- App Actions – helps to predict the next actions, for a faster, more direct and comfortable user experience.
- Categories – Identifies relevant information from favorite apps so they are more accessible when needed
- Adaptive Battery – It is now regulated by AI to analyze usage patterns and prioritize the battery for the applications and services that matter most to each person.
- Adaptive Brightness – Automatically adjusts the phone’s brightness by learning how the user prefers to have the screen brightness set in different lighting environments and then automatically starts adjusting it based on the same model.
- New Navigation System – incorporates a single main button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled)
Digital Wellness Features available from Fall 2018
- Control Panel – Highlights screen and phone usage time, including the number of times the phone has been unlocked and the number of notifications received
- Application Timer – Sets time limits for using apps
- Calm & Don’t Bother Mode – Sets a daily time to prepare the phone before going to sleep. Grayscale the screen while the Do Not Disturb function mutes notifications for a peaceful sleep. You can activate Do Not Disturb mode whenever you want to disconnect.