Control – Remedy is already working on fixes
They definitely want to optimize the performance of the console versions, but other fixes are being made.
- The next Control fix pack is expected in the second half of the month
- They also want to improve on console versions
It’s a great joy right now around Remedy’s house as it came out extremely positive last week Control reception. However, the work is not over yet, as the technical problems are still to be solved. Luckily, the development team reassured everyone: they’re on the case.
Some things have already been patched, and more improvements are expected in the future, according to the developers’ blog post.
- RTX – Most of these issues can be resolved by updating Windows.
- Motion Blur – This effect will be turned on / off in all versions in the next update (coming in the second half of September).
- Map – Here, too, corrections are expected so that all information is included immediately and accurately.
- Console versions – There has been a lot of criticism about the performance of the console versions, especially the “basic” PS4 and Xbox One versions. In this regard, the developers said they are already exploring options and working to improve the situation.
- HDR – It was decided at the very beginning of the development that there will be no HDR in the game, resources will be allocated elsewhere, so no change is expected in this area.
However, we will be able to hear some specifics about future content updates in advance, and soon later in the week.