Would you like to decorate the home screen of your smartphone with your favorite photos, but the idea of using them as a background doesn’t appeal to you? Well, if that’s the case, put them in a widget and the problem will be solved immediately!
How do you say? It seems to be interesting, but you don’t know how to do it? No problem, I’ll explain it to you, with this tutorial of mine dedicated to the subject. In the following lines, in fact, you will find indicated, in a simple and at the same time detailed way, how to put photos in widgets, both on Android and on iPhone and iPad. In addition, later I will also explain how things are in the computer field, on Windows and macOS.
Then? What are you still doing standing there? Position yourself comfortably, take a few free minutes just for yourself and start concentrating on reading the following. I am sure that, in the end, you will be able to say that you are very happy and satisfied with the results obtained. Let it bet?
- How to put photos in widgets: Android
- Google Photos
- Other solutions to put photos in widgets on Android
- How to put photos in widgets: iPhone and iPad
- Other solutions to put photos in widgets on iPhone and iPad
- How to put photos in widgets: Windows
- How to put photos in widgets: Mac
How to put photos in widgets: Android
You own a smartphone or tablet Android and would you like to understand how to insert your favorite photos into widgets in that case? Then read on! Find indicated which solutions to use to do so right below.
If you want put photos in widgets on Android you can turn to Google Photos, the “big G” app to store and manage photos on the device and on the service of the same name, which provides users with a widget that can be added to the home screen and which shows the photographic memories of the day. The app is free and is usually found pre-installed (if it is missing on your device, you can take it from the relevant section of the Play Store).
To be able to use Google Photos for your purpose, access the Android home screen, then make a long tap on the display in a point where there are no icons and press the button Widget placed at the bottom.
Then locate the named widget Your memories (if you can’t find it, you can help yourself by typing its name in the search field at the top), make a long tap on it and drag it to the screen and to the position you prefer.
Next, adjust the widget size as you see fit by moving the shot that you find on all four sides. Wait a few moments for the widget to retrieve the photographic memory of the day and it’s done.
If you think about it, you can remove the widget with the photos you added to the home screen of your Android device at any time by pressing and holding it and dragging it to the icon of the trash can you see appear on the display.
Please note that the information I have given you in this step may differ slightly from what is visible on your device screen, depending on the version of Android you are using and the make and model of the smartphone or tablet you own.
Other solutions to put photos in widgets on Android
If you are looking for other solutions through which you can put photos in widgets on your Android device, I strongly suggest you consider the apps useful for the purpose that I have included in the list below.
- Simple Photo Widget – free app that allows you to create widgets on the Android home screen with single or multiple photos, in various formats and sizes. It’s free.
- Animated Photo Widget – this is another app to create widgets with photos of your choice on Android devices. It allows you to customize the generated widgets with many different frames and to set various display modes. It’s free.
- Photo Widget – is another app belonging to the category of those that allow you to add widgets with photos on the Android home screen. The photos are shown in high resolution, you can organize multiple images in a single album and you can also add frames as you like. It’s free, but in-app purchases are offered (at a cost of € 1.99) to unlock all functions.
How to put photos in widgets: iPhone and iPad
If you are using a iPhone or a iPad, the instructions you must follow to put photos in widgets are those that you find below. It’s not complicated, don’t worry.
If you want to put photos in widgets on iOS / iPadOS, you can first rely on the use of the app Photo, which is the default on iPhone and iPad for managing photos. Perhaps not everyone knows, but the app in question implements the related widget that allows you to view the photos available in the app directly on the home screen, showing them randomly.
To add the Photos widget, go to the iOS / iPadOS home screen and make a long tap in any “empty” point until all the icons present begin to “vibrate!”. Press, then, on the button (+) appeared in the upper left.
Once the screen with the list of available widgets is displayed, tap on the one named Photo (if you don’t find it, you can help yourself with the search field at the top, by typing “photo” inside), choose the size you prefer and press the button Add widget, to place it on the home screen.
To change the position of the widget you just added, make a long tap on it and drag it to the screen and to the position of your interest, then press the button end located at the top right.
In case you have second thoughts, you can remove the Photos app widget that you added to the home screen of your iPhone or iPad by simply making a long tap on it, then selecting the option Remove widget from the menu that opens and touching the wording Remove. Alternatively, enable the mode to change the home screen, as I explained to you in the previous lines, tap the button (-) related to the Photos app widget and press on the item Remove.
Other solutions to put photos in widgets on iPhone and iPad
You look for other solutions through which you can put your favorite photos in widgets on iPhone and iPad? Then I recommend that you rely on the use of apps with widgets that I have included in the list below.
- Widgetsmith – it is an app that allows you to create customized widgets of various types for the iPhone and iPad home screen. In fact, it allows you to generate widgets with photos, weather conditions, calendars, with clocks and much more. It’s free, but in-app purchases are offered (with prices starting at € 1.99 / month) to unlock all available functions. Read more here.
- Photo Widget – it is an app that allows you to create custom widgets containing your favorite photos. It also allows you to decide whether and after how long to automatically update the content of the widget and whether or not to add the date to it. It’s free.
- PhotoWidgets – app that, as the name implies, offers the possibility to generate custom widgets with photos to be inserted on the iOS / iPadOS home screen. You can choose the photos to show, you can view the date and event of the shots on the calendar and much more. It’s free, but in-app purchases are offered (with prices starting at € 4.49 / week) to unlock extra features.
How to put photos in widgets: Windows
As I told you at the beginning of the tutorial, it is possible to put photos in widgets even on a computer. In the specific case of Windows however, it is good to keep in mind that this possibility was offered “as standard” only with Vista, then the function was removed.
Taking into account what has just been stated, to add widgets with your photos on the desktop of the most recent versions of the Microsoft operating system, you need to turn to third-party tools, such as Xwidget and Gadget Revived.
You can also find other software useful for this purpose, by doing some research on Google, using keywords like “Windows photo widget”. In this case, however, I recommend: try to download only programs of proven reliability (read online reviews that you find on reliable sources) from portals deemed reliable, which you can recognize by following the instructions contained in my guide on the subject, so as not to run into malfunctioning resources or that could jeopardize your privacy and / or the “health” of your PC.
How to put photos in widgets: Mac
If you are using a Mac, you can put photos into widgets using the application Photo. It is the transposition of the app for iOS / iPadOS I told you about in the previous lines and like the latter it allows you to add a widget containing your photos on macOS, showing them randomly, which is visible in the Notification Center.
To add the Photos widget on macOS, invoke the Notification Center clicking on the date and time that you find at the top right of the menu bar or by swiping the trackpad from the right edge inwards, then press the button Choose widgets which is located at the bottom.
At this point, locate the widget Photo in the proposed list (if you can’t find it, you can help yourself by selecting the item Photo in the list on the left), select the size you want to assign it and press the button (+) that you find in the upper left corner of the preview, so as to make it visible in the Notification Center and click on the button end at the bottom to save the changes.
If you wish, you can change the position of the widget in the Notification Center by long clicking on it and dragging it to the place you prefer.
If you think about it, you can get rid of the Photos widget at any time. To do this, call up the Notification Center again as I explained earlier, click on the button Choose widgets that you find at the bottom, click on the button (+) in the upper left corner of the photo widget and press the button end. Alternatively, right click on the widget and choose the option Remove widget from the menu that appears.