Using your iPhone as a remote control for Apple TV is very easy to set up. Apple has improved the Remote app for Apple TV in the same way that it has improved Apple TV. You can set up the remote app for Apple TV in a few quick steps. Why do this? The main benefit of using the Apple TV Remote app is that the remote device doesn’t need to be in sight for the Apple TV to respond.
With the app, you can switch media from any room as long as both the device and the Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. The Remote app also allows you to enter text for searches from your iPhone keyboard. Here’s how to set up the Remote app for Apple TV on iPhone.
How to set up remote app for Apple TV on iPhone
- Before you start, make sure that both your iPhone and your Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Visit the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and download Apple’s Remote app.
- Open the Remote app. Your Apple TV should appear; touch it.
- A code will appear on your Apple TV. Enter it in the spaces that appear on your iPhone.
- If the codes match, your iPhone will pair with your Apple TV.
That’s it! You are ready to use your iPhone as a remote control for your Apple TV. You will see all the familiar buttons. Swipe like you do with the Apple TV remote (Gen 4) and tap on the trackpad to select. When you go to select a letter, your iPhone keyboard will automatically appear for you to use.
* Good to note that there are now two remote apps: the iTunes Remote app and the Apple TV Remote app. This tip is for the Apple TV Remote app, but both apps can control the Apple TV; however, we are supporters of the Apple TV Remote app.