How to update LG G2 (All variants) to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with BlissPop ROM, this is the most interesting device launched by Lg. The company has very quickly upgraded its new flagship the G3 to Lollipop, while it has not done so with the G2.
It is a powerful phone with great performance. Just as I am writing to you, Lg makes it known that Lg G2 will also be updated to Lollipop, but it does not communicate when. If you have the rooted phone forget the official update and follow this post to know how to update LG G2 (All variants) to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with BlissPop ROM.
The ROM supports all LG G2 variants including:
This tutorial is for LG G2. Do not try this guide on any other Android device. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any damage caused by the instructions provided on this page. Try this guide at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that the device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions that have been mentioned in the procedure.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android 5.0 Lollipop BlissPop ROM on the LG G2 with all steps and the instructions. We also have a number of important tips that you need to keep in mind before proceeding with the installation.
- Make sure you have installed the USB drivers for LG G2correctly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB driver section here: DOWNLOAD ANDROID USB DRIVER FOR SAMSUNG, HTC, NEXUS, LG, SONY & OTHERS
- Always backup any important data that you may need after installing a new custom ROM, official software update, or whatever. Make a backup just in case, you never know when something might go wrong. HOW TO MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP ON ALL ANDROID DEVICES
- USB debugging mode must be enabled. HOW TO ACTIVATE USB DEBUG AND DEVELOPMENT OPTIONS IN ANDROID 4.2 AND ABOVE
- Make sure your Android device has 80-85% charged battery.
- The device must have the latest CWM or TWRP version installed.
- Download BlissPop ROM
- Download Lollipop gapps
How to update LG G2 to Android 5.0 Lollipop Dirty BlissPop ROM
- Download all the files from the links above to your PC and transfer them to the device’s SD card having first connected it via USB cable. (Do not extract the files and make sure you have not copied them to any folder)
- Now remove the device and turn it off completely.
- Now Press Volume Down and Power to start LG G2in recovery mode.
- Once you enter the recovery mode, you will see several options, select Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- Now clear the cache memory by selecting Wipe Cache Partition.
- Then go to the main menu and select Advanced and then select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Having done everything, you now need to upgrade the ROM Android 5.0 Lollipop BlissPop ROMon your device, go to the option ‘Install Zip from SD card‘find the ROM Android 5.0 Lollipop BlissPop ROMthat you transferred to the device on the SD card before and install it.
- Repeat step 7 and install the gapps on the device as well.
- After installing, just restart your device.
To return to the previous ROM, boot the phone in recovery mode, select Backup and restore then restore the previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
You have to wait a few minutes to see yours come back on LG G2 with Android 5.0 Lollipop BlissPop ROM. If you have any problems let’s discuss them below in the comments.