Good news will reach us from France this weekend. From now on, two Samsung smartphones will be updated there to the current Android 10 and the Samsung One UI 2.0. We’re talking about the mid-range Samsung Galaxy A80 smartphones, exactly the one with the rotating camera, and the slightly less spectacular Galaxy A6.
In France, the two Android smartphones will be gradually updated to the software versions A805FXXU4BTC3 (Galaxy A80) and A600FNXXU5CTB9 (Galaxy A6) with immediate effect. Unfortunately, due to the lack of a test device, I cannot answer whether the two software updates have already arrived in Switzerland. In any case, it shouldn’t be long before the update is also offered on your smartphone.
Alternatively: Just check your system settings to see whether the update is already available for you to download. If so, feel free to comment briefly in the comments.
Samsung Galaxy A80 and Galaxy A6: This is new with Android 10 and One UI 2
One UI 2 brings Android 10 to life with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
We recommend that you back up your important data so that it is protected during the upgrade.
Some apps like Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health, and Samsung Notes need to be updated individually after updating your operating system.
These are the innovations.
– Improved image, text and color adjustments for day and night environments.
– Darkened backgrounds, widgets and alarms when dark mode is activated.
Symbols and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– Improved layouts for titles and buttons to reduce wasted screen space.
– Improved animations with a playful touch.
Gestures at full screen
– New navigation gestures have been added.
– Navigate more conveniently on large screens with minimal finger movement.
– Easily focus on what’s important thanks to clearly highlighted buttons.
The way in which one-handed mode is used has changed.
– New ways to access one-handed mode: tap the start button twice or swipe down in the middle of the bottom of the screen.
– The settings are now under “Settings> Advanced functions> One-handed mode”.
– High contrast keyboards and layouts for long texts have been improved.
– A new feature has been added that converts speech into text on the screen in real time during voice / video calls or when speaking into the microphone.
Better text on backgrounds
– Text against the background is more visible as the One UI 2 automatically adjusts the colors of fonts based on light and dark areas and color contrast, as shown in the following figure.
– The battery usage diagram now provides more detailed information.
– Set goals to control your phone usage.
– The focus mode helps you avoid interference from your phone.
– Keep an eye on your children’s activities with the new parental controls.
– The ability to edit the modes displayed at the bottom of the screen has been added.
– New icons have been added to notify you when new settings and features are available.
– The layout has been improved so you can focus on taking pictures without any settings distracting you.
– In “Customize Menu” you can now change the toolbar menus to access frequently used functions more quickly.
– Detailed information can now be viewed on the title bar of each menu (bookmarks, settings, history, etc.).
– The support has been extended to additional functions of Samsung Internet (e.g. extensions).
– The trash can function has been added for contacts. Deleted contacts remain in the trash for 15 days before they are permanently deleted.
– The advanced search for contacts is now possible with the BixbySearch module.
– QR code functions have been improved (new scan function has been added).
– A new handwriting feature has been added, specifically designed for use with the S Pen.
– The calendar app has been optimized for a large screen (DeX mode).
– The month view display has been improved in the event that event titles are too long and need to be displayed on 2 lines (only available if there are not too many events on a day).
– You can now attach stickers on a specific date regardless of your schedule.
– A long melody can now be set as your notification tone for event reminders.
– More options for repeating reminders are available.
– Set location-based reminders for specific time periods.
– Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
– Set reminders for a specific date without an alarm.
– A recycle bin feature has been created so that you can restore files in case you accidentally delete something.
– More filters have been added to help you find results faster when searching.
– You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
– Units of measure for speed and time have been added to the unit converter.
– Android Auto is now pre-installed.
– Helpful tips have been added to One UI 2 to help you get the most out of your Galaxy device.
The “Link to Windows” function has been added.
– You can easily access photos, messages and notifications on your PC from your phone. A screen mirroring function is also provided.
– This function is available via “Link to Windows” in the QuickPanel or in the settings.
– The file upload capacity has been increased.
– You can now upload up to 3 GB per file and up to 5 GB per day.
– Extended support is now provided for connecting to a computer via Samsung DeX.
Media and devices
– The SmartThings panel has been replaced by “Media and Devices”.
– Media: Control music and videos on your phone and other devices.
– Devices: Check and control your SmartThings devices directly from the QuickPanel.