So you can control the mouse via the keyboard in Windows 10
How to control the mouse via the keyboard in Windows 10. Keyboard shortcuts can be very useful, but the truth is that not everyone uses them. We find people who are fans of using possible key combinations that make their daily life more productive and those who can’t use their computer without having a mouse in hand.
However, our mouse may suddenly stop working and we may not be able to use the mouse pointer to perform the appropriate actions on our desktop. Therefore, we will show you how we can manage the mouse pointer with the keyboard in Windows 10.
The truth is that Microsoft’s operating system has had this feature for a long time, but few users know about it or have used it.
It is an option that we can find in the System Accessibility settings and that allows us to move the pointer of the mouse in any direction or simulate the left or right click to interact with any application we have open on our desk.
Use the mouse with the numeric keyboard in Windows 10
To configure this option and be able to control the mouse pointer via the keyboard of our PC, these are the steps to follow:
- Let’s open the control panel. We can do this by opening a Run window with the Win + R shortcut, type Control panel and press Enter.
- Press the Tab key or arrows to move to select the option Accessibility Center in control panel and press Enter to access it.
- Let’s go to the option Facilitates the use of the mouse in movement with the tabular and the cursors and once we are on this option we press Enter.
- In the next window we position ourselves on the option Enable Mouse Keys and check the box next to this option by pressing the space key.
- Let’s get down to the link Configure Mouse Keys and press Enter again.
- This will show us another window where we can configure the mouse keys and where we have to check the box next to Enable Mouse Keys.
- There we can also activate the keyboard shortcut to activate the keyboard to control the mouse,
- We can configure the maximum speed and acceleration mouse pointer.
- If we want to increase the speed by pressing the Ctrl key or decrease it with the Shift key.
- If we want to use the mouse keys when the numeric key is activated or deactivated or if we want to show the mouse keys icon in the taskbar.
- With all of this configured to our liking, click the button Apply and OK to save the changes. From then on we can use the keys to move the mouse pointer in Windows 10.
Once everything is configured, the numeric keyboard will be our ally to manage the mouse at home that we do not have or that we have been damaged at a certain time. With numbers 8, 2, 6 and 4 we can make simple movements respectively up, down, right and left, while if we want to move diagonally we can use numbers 7, 9, 1 and 3. This is easy to do since the addresses correspond to the keyboard layout itself.
Now, to simulate clicking with the left mouse button, we need to press on the number 5 , while if we want to simulate clicking with the right mouse button, we can do it using le uppercase keyboard + F10.