Everyone will find something for themselves in the educational application “Khan Academy” – both a parent helping his first grader in geometry, or a graduate who wants to explore the secrets of microfinance.
If you’re interested in learning something – both entry-level and advanced – it’s very likely that Khan Academy has a related video lesson.
Spend the afternoon polishing up your stats. Discover how the Krebs cycle works. Learn the basics of notation. Start with geometry in the next semester. Prepare for the SAT, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or NCLEX-RN exam. Or, if you feel like an adventurer, learn how farming transforms Australia’s landscape with stick and fire.
The essence of the application is a huge selection of free educational videos. You will find over 10,000 items created by teachers, scientists, programmers and entrepreneurs.
Khan Academy offers a plethora of courses to choose from.
Do you want to know more about the art of animation? The app offers videos, articles and exercises that teach you both the basics (using keyframes to make the ball jump) and advanced topics (simulating fireworks with particle systems). As you progress, you will gain a foundation to understand and master modern digital techniques by practicing classic animation techniques. One of the tasks will be to create a simple cineograph.
The exercises vary depending on the topic. During the College Preparation Course, you will not only learn how to write a good essay, but will also receive an evaluation of your work from one of the reviewers. The grammar lesson, on the other hand, is filled with quizzes that will test your knowledge of different types of attributions and many more elements.
Watching movies is a great way to learn complex topics quickly. Khan Academy has a smart way of encouraging you to learn new topics – the “energy points” you accumulate by taking the time to complete each course. When you watch the same movie again, you get 100 points, but when you go on brand new content, you get 850 points. Use points to unlock new avatars and be proud of your hard work!
- Learn everything for free: Thousands of interactive exercises, videos and articles at your fingertips. Study math, science, economics, finance, grammar, history, civics, politics and more.
- Polish your skills: Solve exercises, quizzes and tests with instant feedback and step-by-step guidance. Follow what you learn in school or practice at your own pace.
- Learn while you’re offline: Bookmark and download your favorite content to watch movies without an internet connection.
- Start where you left off: Your learning syncs with khanacademy.org so your progress is always up to date.
Why is Khan Academy working?
- Personalized learning – learners can learn at their own pace, reaching for new material or filling gaps in understanding of what has already been mentioned. In this way, they effectively build solid knowledge.
- Content you can trust – materials created by experts (on the Polish website are translated or created under a CC license: people with a scientific degree), materials consisting of films, exercises and articles support the study of mathematics, science, programming and many other fields. Forever free for pupils, students and teachers.
- Tools that give real edu-power to teachers – Thanks to the tools available on the Khan Academy platform, teachers can track student progress, are aware of gaps in understanding of the material, so they can adjust their efforts to the different needs of different students.
Learn with videos, interactive exercises and in-depth articles on mathematics (arithmetic, introduction to algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, mathematical analysis, linear algebra), exact sciences (biology, chemistry, physics), economics, humanities (art history, social studies, finance) and more!
source: App Store Polska