Apple has released a major update for Clips, the apple application to easily create and share short videos and more. The biggest news of this version 2.0 and it is Scenes for Selfies, an exclusive feature for iPhone X that immerses the user in a 360 ° animated scene to use as a background for their self-portraits.
To detect the framed person, iPhone X obviously uses the TrueDepth front camera; thanks to this technology, the user finds himself immersed in very particular environments: it is possible to choose between 10 different backdrops, wandering between metropolises full of neon and buildings, abstract paintings, 8-bit scenarios and, last but not least, even the Millennium Falcon and the Starfighter of Star Wars. Each of these is a 360 ° setting with lots of sounds, so moving you will also change the shot and the landscape.
ALSO READ: iPhone X Review
In addition to this, with the update there are also new effects and stickers, including filters that use the now well-known technique of style transfer to turn the photo into an oil painting, pencil sketch or watercolor. In addition, there are also Star Wars themed stickers (with animated versions of Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker and many others) and new posters, some of which are Disney-themed.
Finally, change the interface and support for iCloud arrives: to know in detail all the changes we suggest you read the changelog at the bottom, while below you will find badges for download and some images that show the potential of the application .
• Easily navigate filters, labels, stickers and emojis in the new Effects browser.
• The Photo button appears on the main recording screen so you can take a photo at any time.
• Tap any filter to see how it looks on videos and photos before applying it.
• With full-screen browsers, you can view more items from your photo library and posters.
• Labeled buttons make it easy to edit live titles, add and edit filters, crop, mute, and delete.
• Updated for Super Retina display on iPhone X.
Selfie scenes on iPhone X
• Use the TrueDepth camera on iPhone X to remove the background and immerse yourself in 360-degree animated scenes.
• Choose from a dozen scenes, including boundless landscapes, abstract art and deep space.
• Transport yourself aboard the Millennium Falcon or a starfighter from Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
• Each scene includes a matching filter that transforms the look of your selfie by making you a part of the scene.
New stickers and posters
• Add Star Wars characters to videos with stickers of Darth Vader, R2-D2 and more.
• Create fun titles with 20 new animated posters, including over a dozen posters of Star Wars and Mickey and his friends.
• Choose from 16 bright, retro Apple-designed stickers.
New effects and filters
• Choose from four new artistic effects (Watercolor, Charcoal, Sienna and Indigo) that use advanced style transfer technology to transform images in real time as you record. *
• Add warmth, impact or drama to videos and photos with a selection of new filters from the Camera app.
• Use effects and filters while recording or apply them to photos and videos in your library.
• Use iCloud to view and edit all your Clips videos on all your iOS devices.
• Start a video on iPhone and finish it on iPad.
• Shared iPad support in classrooms.
• Take a photo, apply stickers, filters and emojis, then share the image without creating a video.
• Record live titles in dozens of different languages without changing the device language.
• Slide the Record button up to record continuously without using your hands.
• Copy and paste existing clips for reuse within a video.
• Browse and choose from a full set of emojis in the new Effects browser.
• Drag and drop stickers, labels and emojis from the Effects browser to quickly place them on photos and videos.
• Posters are now grouped into categories for easier navigation.
• Choose from 21 new royalty-free soundtracks from independent artists such as DIIV, Elohim, Cherry Glazerr and Mark Mothersbaugh.
• Use 3D Touch on the Clips app icon to quickly create a new video from the iPhone Home screen.