Install Android 7.0 Nougat on the Xperia Z3 via AOSP ROM, according to the latest news, the Sony Xperia Z3 is part of the list of devices that will officially receive Android 7.0 Nougat. If you don’t feel like waiting, you are in the right place.
Through this article, you will be able to update your Sony Xpera Z3 to the latest Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. Do not expect anything extraordinary from this rom, it is a stock firmware, without any additions from the developers.
Before installing this rom, you must first unlock the bootloader, have root permissions and finally have a custom recovery, better TWRP installed on your device. Please read the tutorial carefully.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on the Xperia Z3 via AOSP ROM
Attention: this tutorial is for Xperia Z3. Do not try this guide on any other Android device. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any damage caused by the instructions provided on this page. Try this guide at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that the device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions that have been mentioned in the procedure.
- Download AOSP Android 7.0 ROM
- Google Apps
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Install the drivers for your Sony Xperia Z3
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Make sure your Android device has 80-85% charged battery.
- Root your Sony Xperia Z3 and see if you find anything useful
- Install TWRP custom recovery on Sony Xperia Z3 see if you find anything useful
- Unlock the bootloader of your Sony Xperia Z3
- Download the rom file for the Sony Xperia Z3 on the computer and extract boot.img from zip file then supload the Google Apps.
- Connect Sony Xperia Z3 to your computer using the USB cable.
- Now copy / paste the files AOSP Android 7.0 ROM and the Google Apps files on your SD card. Make sure the files are in the root folder of the SD card (not in any folder).
- Copy / paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools into the above folder.
- Turn off the phone.
- Now reboot into Bootloader mode / Fastboot mode. Turn on the phone by pressing and holding Volume Down + the Power Button.
- Once in Fastboot mode (on your phone), go to android-sdk-windows platform-tools directory (on your computer) and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right Click> Open Command Prompt).
- Type the following command and press Enter.
- Then, type the following command and press Enter.
- Reboot in bootloader mode and then go to Recovery.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data / factory reset”. Use the power button to select everything while you are in recovery mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe partition cache”.
- Now, this is optional, but it is recommended to wipe the Dalvik cache. So you won’t see your phone looping during startup or other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe Dalvik cache”.
- Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using the volume keys, navigate to the file AOSP Android 7.0 ROM you have copied to your SD card and select it using the power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and you will see the installation procedure begin.
- For Google Apps: repeat the same operation for the Gapps files and install them on your phone.
- Once the installation is complete, go to “+++++ Go Back +++++” and restart your phone by selecting ”reboot system now“ from the recovery menu.
Yours Sony Xperia Z3 it will reboot and may take about 5 minutes for the first boot.